Beside the improvement in health, we are still faced with challenges in terms of HIV and NCD. There is a need for all role players including patients and civil society groups, NGOs, clinicians and researchers to combine forces to bolster advocacy efforts to address common HIV and NCD challenges including: -
▪ Improving access to, and uptake of services by hard to reach and vulnerable populations such as adolescents, migrants, as well as incarcerated persons.
▪ The need to adopt Health-in-All-Policies approach to approach socio-environmental determinants of these diseases with strong focus being prevention.
▪ The need to address shared risk factors such as alcohol/substance use through inter sectoral collaboration.
▪ Access to newer medication and advocacy for development of better combination of drugs, palliative management of the diseases.
▪ Addressing NCD epidemic, the general population, is key to achieving the goal to prevent reversal of the gains in mortality and morbidity